Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hutch and Spoon

Trying a new spot for lunch on Larimer Street, Hutch and Spoon, on the second day it opened may have been a mistake. Perhaps they did not have it all together but needless to say here's how it went.
I waited a good amount of time for some sandwiches and once opened and eaten I was thoroughly disappointed. The grilled cheese sandwich was a mere half inch thick after being pressed for melting. The curry chicken salad sandwich was in the words of a fellow co-worker "My 8 year old daughter could do better than this. Its bland.".

The sandwiches were small and expensive and there are far better options in the neighborhood.
Maybe another visit once established will be in order but my first experience is not going to make me want to go back in a hurry.

3 comments:

  1. I concur! The sandwiches were small and expensive and there are far better options in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the pleasure of enjoying breakfast several mornings here and I absolutely loved it! The sausage and cheese breakfast sandwich is very tasty with a nostalgic twist-made with sausage links. The feta and egg sandwich is fantastic! I don't know how they do it but the egg was so fluffy and the panini toast is done to perfection. Coupled with the slices of fruit it was served with made for a ideal way for me to start my day. I don't know what the average Joe's are expecting but I suggest you go and take a minute to sit and enjoy. I'm just saying-give a small business a break-you have no idea what it takes to make it happen. I so appreciate the simplicity to all the details that are going on here-it has a felling of the french, not in the food but in the details. I wish you well and I look forward to stopping in again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous #2: Those comments I made were not done lightly. I felt the sandwiches were far below the bar expected of any establishment charging for a sandwich as did three others in the office who ate them as well. As I mentioned it was the second day they were open but for the time we had to wait there was no indication they used the time to make the sandwich well. It was as if they were sending out sandwiches slapped together and my motto is if you are not proud of it, don't serve it. Wait another week to open if you can't get it together because you end up giving a customer an experience like the one mentioned.
    They will get another chance but as I mentioned, I'm not running back.

    ReplyDelete