Monday, August 31, 2009

Highland Tavern

After visiting the Highland Tavern for a while for late night drinks and ping pong matches they informed me they would now be serving food. So I went back to give it a try. I know what your thinking, quit picking on the little guys. Well, to stay true to form I'll give it to you straight.

I sampled a few snack plates to gauge what they had to offer. The Beef Shank Perogie was good and reminiscent of my friend's grandma's perogies she used to make. The cheese tots seemed to be breaded in Penko. Interesting. The Little Fatties are their own version of the popular slider burger but are nothing like the typical frozen version served at most pubs. These guys are the real deal and taste great.

Overall the food is not bad for a tavern and I would eat there again while spinning ping pong balls and beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment